WOW! Word™ of the Week: WOW! Words are words that, when used in correct context by children during conversation, cause awed adults to pay attention and say, “WOW!” WOW! Words invite children—regardless of natural or learned language abilities—to be confident talkers.
Using WOW! Words models intentional oral use of big words within meaningful and useful contexts.
This week's WOW! Word: difficult.
Use the word in sentences, such as
1. This zipper is difficult to zip.
2. It's difficult to find the kitty in this picture.
3. There are difficult bumps in this road.
4. Are you finding it difficult to stop crying?
5. I notice you're having some difficulty getting the books to stay on the shelf.
Want to continue the fun with your 4-7 year old? Check out:
Copyright © 2011–2015 Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz