This Week's WOW! Word: SECURE
Did you know that your child's listening and speaking vocabulary by age 4 is an important predictor of his later success as a reader, writer, and a lifelong learner?
And did you know that the richness of the words you model--when you talk and read aloud every day-determines the exact words your child will hear . . . and say?
Our weekly WOW! Word and its modeled sentences provide you with rich conversation to enjoy with your newborns and toddlers who are all ears! We know that babies and toddlers who hear these words add them to their "words stash" to say when they talk.
- We need to make sure your seatbelt is secured.
- Let’s thank the security guard for letting us in.
- How secure does the helmet feel?
- Look how the door is secured to its hinges!
- Grandpa is securing information on his computer.
Copyright © 2015 Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz
Leave a comment