This week's WOW! Word: attempt
Use the word in sentences, such as:
1. Our baby attempts to say what I say.
2. I don't know, but I will attempt to help you.
3. Look how the baby attempts to hold up her head!
4. Did you like my attempts to find you?
5. Are you attempting to climb down?
Introduce a new WOW! Word, and continue your oral modeling of other WOW! Words you've introduced. This ongoing repetition helps your child learn to be a powerful talker who grabs and holds a listener's attention. Yes, this modeling of WOW! Words provides words--much like dog and kitty--your child can choose to say. And this is true even if your child isn't talking yet!
Copyright © 2013 Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz
WOW! Words are a trademark of Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz.