WOW! Word of the week: ENCOURAGE
Did you know that your child's listening and speaking vocabulary by age 4 is an important predictor of his later success as a reader, writer, and a lifelong learner?
And did you know that the richness of the words you model--when you talk and read aloud every day-determines the exact words your child will hear . . . and say?
Our weekly WOW! Word and its modeled sentences provide you with rich conversation to enjoy with your newborns and toddlers who are all ears! We know that babies and toddlers who hear these words add them to their "words stash" to say when they talk.
Here's a new one to practice this week:
- I encourage myself to drink lot of water when it is hot outside.
- Thank you for the positive encouragement!
- Please encourage your brother to come with us.
- It’s encouraging that my foot feels better!
- I encourage you to wear a coat.
Copyright © 2015 Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz
Leave a comment